Different Types Of Cover Block Use At Construction Site
Different Types of Cover Block Use at Construction Site!
Cover Block: -
- Cover block shall be provided to keep the bars in position.
- Cover block shall be same grade of concrete as that of concrete member in which cover block are placed.
- It shall be not less than the diameter of the reinforcement bar.
Clear cover to all reinforcement shall be as follows:
1. Slabs = 20 mm or dia. of bar whichever is greater.
2. Beam , (Stirrups/Link) = 25 mm
3. R.C.C Wall (General)
· Vertical Bar (Inner face) = 25mm.
· Vertical Bar (Earth face) = 40mm
4. Footings = 50 mm
· Top = 50 mm
· Bottom = 60 mm
6. Column / Boundary Elements :
mm to main bar
· Face more than 230 mm
40 mm to Ties /Link
7. Water Tank and STP Walls
· Water face/Earth face = 40 mm
· Dry Face = 25 mm
8. STICH SLAB
· Top = 25 mm or Dia of bar whichever is greater.
· Bottom= 40 mm
Thanks for reading this article. If you find this article helpful please, don’t forget to share and Subscribe Afroz Civil website and YouTube Channel for Latest Update.
I hope this check list points will be helpful for every site Engineer.
I always Update helpful information and share my practical experience at this site.
Please Give your feedback in comment box.